- I was a Muslim and was born in East Pakistan (now called Bangladesh).
- During the Civil War in 1971 I gave my life to Christ and recognised Him as my Lord and Saviour. A few years later I was able to receive a scholarship to enable me to travel to Australia to study in the Bible College of Victoria for 2 years.
- After that I trained at the Baptist Theological College for 4 years. I received accreditation as a Baptist Minister and served in a couple of Churches located in the western suburbs of Sydney in that capacity for several years.
- Midway through my Theological training I married my wife, Dale.
- I joined the Christian City Church Westside and as a result of that Church’s outreach and vision the Christian City Church Blacktown was commenced.
- I grew up in the western suburbs of Sydney. As a teenager I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. I loved being a Sunday school teacher and a Youth group leader in my local Church but my vision was to serve God on the Mission field.
- After completing 2 years Bible College I was accepted by the Australian Baptist Missionary Society to go to East Pakistan (now called Bangladesh) to use my book-keeping, secretarial and administration skills in a remote village Mission Hospital and also in the Mission’s Head Office.
- After 10 years of service with the Mission I returned to Australia and was employed in a Chartered Accounting Firm as the Office Manager.
- I married Zahir and have been serving faithfully with him in the Baptist Churches and then in the Christian City Churches.